Dear MOD Information Rights Officer,
This is a request for records, or available information, under the UK Freedom Of Information Act 2000; pertaining to any and all available information/records regarding the following subjects:
- Any UK troop deployments – temporary or permanent – in the Hashemite Kingdom Jordan, including (reported in the media) deployments of UK special forces operating within US-built military facilities close to joint US/Jordanian airbase in Mafraq, Jordan.
- Any UK troop deployments in or close to Gaziantep, The Republic of Turkey. Including special forces deployed – permanently or temporarily – close to the Syrian/Turkish border.
- Any current UK military – including special forces – deployments/operations within, or close to The Syrian Arab Republic’s border regions, or within it’s territories.
- Any UK military deployments – including special forces – deployed in the region of the Syrian/Lebanese border, or within Lebanon’s territories.
- Any records/information pertaining to UK military assistance (including monetary and non-lethal aid) provided to the “Free Syrian Army”, The “Supreme Military Command”, General Salim Idriss or any other non-official military factions or representatives within the Syrian Arab Republic or a part or representative of either the “Free Syrian Army” (FSA) or the “Syrian National Coalition” (SNC).
- Detailed inventory of items, and materiel, provided to the “FSA” via the UK military or any of its subsidaries/private military contractors acting under the UK military’s instruction – including “non-lethal” aid.
- Any records/information to refute or verify former French Foreign Minister Roland Dumas’ claim (on live Television and widely reported in the media) that UK Ministers were plotting to attack the Syrian Government and its security apparatus via paramilitary forces; two years prior to the “Arab Spring” and the start of the Syrian conflict.
- Any records/information that can ascertain which specific militant groups operating within the Syrian Arab Republics territories the UK military/Government has provided with materiel or aid – non-lethal or otherwise.
- Any future or previous UK military directives, policies or operations involving the Syrian Arab Republic’s territories, or borders, within the time frame of March 2009 to the present.